Introduction to the Re-Launched IEECPS

An introduction to EECP/ECP (External Counterpulsation)

Moderator: ecpforum

ecpforum
Site Admin

Introduction to the Re-Launched IEECPS

Post by ecpforum » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:56 am

Dear Friends,

Please be advised that in October of 2016 I assumed the position of Executive Director of the International EECP Society (IEECPS) and I am no longer employed by Vasomedical or VSK. In my new role I am available to provide information and share my knowledge, experience and expertise with EECP/ECP therapy. However, I no longer represent any commercial company but rather the therapy.

I would respectfully request your support for the International EECP Society (IEECPS), which was established a few years ago at the Great Wall EECP Symposium in Beijing, China. Unfortunately, without someone to direct and manage daily operations, the Society did not become as functional or as active as expected. Recognizing the need for independent direction and daily management of the Society to create greater awareness for EECP/ECP and increase its acceptance globally, I decided to take on the responsibility.

For the past 21 years I have had the good fortune to work with some great people and be part of the introduction and growth of external counnterpulsation worldwide. As the Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Vasomedical I have witnessed the benefit of the therapy for hundreds of thousands of patients and a significant amount of clinical evidence published. However, there is still a lot of work to be done to achieve greater awareness and acceptance for external counter pulsation therapy.

The IEECPS has received 501(c)3 not for profit tax free status and while operating independently of the external counterpulsation companies, we will seek their donations as well as donations from other parties in the medical community and increase membership to support the organization’s activities.

The IEECPS web site has been revised (www.ieecps.org) and I advised all currently active EECP physicians worldwide and many of the physicians who have had a part in its development to date announcing the re-launch of the new IEECPS.I have also asked the other commercial companies to inform their customers as well.

There is also a new IEECPS Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ieecps.org/?ref=bookmarks

The new Board of Trustees will include the following officers:
President – Gregory Barsness/Mayo Clinic
Vice President – Guifu Wu/4th Peoples Hospital of Shenzhen
Chief Clinical Officer – Ozlem Soran/University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Past President – William Lawson/ University of New York at Stony Brook
Executive Director – Larry Liebman/IEECPS

While I expect and welcome the task of doing the work necessary to make the IEECPS a success, I will need your continued support of EECP/ECP therapy and the Society in order for it to succeed in its mission “To promote excellence in the noninvasive treatment of cardiovascular diseases through physician education, research, increased patient awareness, representation, and the advancement of quality patient care with external counterpulsation therapy.”

Please visit www.IEECPS.org for additional information and updates. I look forward to your continued support of external counterpulsation and joining the IEECPS.

I hope you will take this opportunity to join the IEECPS and visit our Facebook page often.

Thank you for your support. I look forward to communicating with you again very soon.

Best Personal Regards,

Larry Liebman
Executive Director
International EECP Society

Email: larry.liebman@ieecps.org
WeChat: EECPSLS1