Pulmonary Hypertension

Have questions about administering therapy or a unique patient? Discuss EECP/ECP techniques with other clinicians

Moderator: ecpforum

DCL

Pulmonary Hypertension

Post by DCL » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:49 pm

I'll try posting this again; my second attempt. This client that is a potential candidate for EECP has moderate to severe pulmonary hypertension. While this is contraindicated for ECP, I wonder how critical this actually is. This individual has NO other options for relief/repair of this cardiovascular system. The question is how risky/problematic is pulmonary hypertension with EECP? Thanks for a reply.

ecpforum
Site Admin

Re: Pulmonary Hypertension

Post by ecpforum » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:59 am

Clinical questions posted on this Forum will be referred to physicians experienced in the delivery of EECP/ECP therapy. Hopefully, we will have a response back to you in the next day or so. Thank you for posting this interesting question.

ecpforum
Site Admin

Post by ecpforum » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:03 pm

So sorry for the delay in responding. Dr. Ozlem Soran, Chief Clinical Officer has requested you contact her in her office at +1 (412) 337 5613 so that she may ask you additional questions regarding this specific patient before offering her opinion on whether or not this patient would be appropriately recommended for EECP/ECP therapy.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

DCL

Post by DCL » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:14 pm

Thanks for responding with the contact [provider and phone number]. This client, for his own reasons, has released his interest in ECP. A direct discussion with Dr. Soran, while informative, would needlessly occupy her time and energy at this point. My question at this point has evolved into a general question to the community on whether there is any detectable/measurable level of pulmonary hypertension that can be considered [candidate for ECP] without harm. Thanks for the assistance.

Percy

Post by Percy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:19 am

Pulmonary Hypertension

I have recently learned the my sister most likely had PH; she is going through all the test to confirm this diagnosis as she has all the classic symptoms. According to the medical profession there is not cure and she will succumb to a lingering death of either heart failure or suffocation. I AM NOT WILLING TO ACCEPT THAT! She is in her 30s and has 2 teenage kids. I know that for every disease there is a natural treatment. It just has to be found.

Can someone please tell me if you have heard of any thing that would help her? Thanks much :(

ecpforum
Site Admin

Post by ecpforum » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:04 pm

Please ask your sister's physician to speak with a local provider of EECP therapy. You can check the location yourself of a local provider by going on the Vasomedical website at http://www.vasomedical.com/locate_treatment_us.php and enter her zip code to locate the nearest EECP provider. You can also contact Vasomedical Customer Service directly at (516) 997-4600 Ext 149