Pulmonary Hypertension

Have questions about administering therapy or a unique patient? Discuss EECP/ECP techniques with other clinicians

Moderator: ecpforum

DCL

Pulmonary Hypertension

Post by DCL » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:49 pm

I'll try posting this again; my second attempt. This client that is a potential candidate for EECP has moderate to severe pulmonary hypertension. While this is contraindicated for ECP, I wonder how critical this actually is. This individual has NO other options for relief/repair of this cardiovascular system. The question is how risky/problematic is pulmonary hypertension with EECP? Thanks for a reply.

ecpforum
Site Admin

Re: Pulmonary Hypertension

Post by ecpforum » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:59 am

Clinical questions posted on this Forum will be referred to physicians experienced in the delivery of EECP/ECP therapy. Hopefully, we will have a response back to you in the next day or so. Thank you for posting this interesting question.

ecpforum
Site Admin

Post by ecpforum » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:03 pm

So sorry for the delay in responding. Dr. Ozlem Soran, Chief Clinical Officer has requested you contact her in her office at +1 (412) 337 5613 so that she may ask you additional questions regarding this specific patient before offering her opinion on whether or not this patient would be appropriately recommended for EECP/ECP therapy.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

DCL

Post by DCL » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:14 pm

Thanks for responding with the contact [provider and phone number]. This client, for his own reasons, has released his interest in ECP. A direct discussion with Dr. Soran, while informative, would needlessly occupy her time and energy at this point. My question at this point has evolved into a general question to the community on whether there is any detectable/measurable level of pulmonary hypertension that can be considered [candidate for ECP] without harm. Thanks for the assistance.